Nov 9, 2011

Thank You

Taken July 2007 at a traveling memorial in Burns, Oregon 

Earlier this week I attended a Veteran's Day assembly at the middle school.  The program was so well prepared with music from the middle school choirs, middle school band, and the high school symphonic choir, as well as two videos, a moment of silence, and a time to honor the veterans.  There were, in attendance that day, 15 veterans from various branches of military.  Some had been lucky enough never to have fought in a war, others were currently serving or had served in the Irag war, the Vietnam War, Korean War, and one who had served in World War II, the Korean War, and the Veitnam War. 
I became so emotional as I stood to applaud their service. 
I am so grateful for my freedoms and thank them for their service. 
Thank You.

No comments: